Under the supervision of the Director, the Employment Services Facilitator delivers a range of employment-related services with the fundamental objective of assisting the client in acquiring sustainable employment.
- Delivers psycho-educational programming and services in a group and/or individual setting in the community and institutions.
- Completes file reviews, assessments and reports as required.
- Assists clients with record suspension process.
- Develops and presents information sessions to clients and community agencies.
- Maintains accurate electronic and manual client records.
- Maintains collaboration with John Howard Society programs and partner agencies for the purpose of alternative program referral and client advocacy.
- Reviews labor market information and trends on a regular basis.
- Attends program related meetings.
- Contributes to the orientation/training of staff/interns/volunteers.
- Engages in professional development as required.
- Ensures confidentiality guidelines are met regarding staff and client information.
- Shares responsibility for maintaining a safe and secure environment for both staff and clients.
- Performs other related duties as required by the Director
- University degree in Social Work, Criminology or the social sciences. (psychology, sociology, or education)
- Minimum of one year experience in the employment services sector.
- Demonstrated understanding of employment readiness assessments, essential employability skills, needs and barriers as well as effective interventions.
- Experience with and a demonstrated understanding of the offender population.
- Broad understanding of the criminal justice system.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in both individual interventions and group facilitation would be an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s licence as required.
- Proven competency in computer software.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Certificate of conduct.
- Enhanced reliability check as required.
(Rated by the JJEC June 2016)
“This position is open to male and female applicants”
Salary: $28.73/hour as per collective agreement
CLOSING DATE: June 14th, 2018
Please submit resumes to:
Director of Programs and Operations
342 Pennywell Road
St. John’s, NL A1E 1V9