Howard House/Garrison Place Residential Assistant
Student Placement Position
Under the supervision of the Residential Manger, the Residential Assistant will provide supplementary supervision to the residents and physical facility; engage in duties that ensure the smooth daily functioning of the program; and observe/participate in those aspects of programming deemed appropriate by his/her level of training and experience.
- Supervises resident attendance and behaviour:
- by verifying compliance with curfews or noting violations to the attention of the House Director;
- by performing regular House checks and noting them in the duty log;
- by reporting House rule violations to the House Director and recording them in the duty log;
- by observing and noting resident movement, behaviour and all relevant shift occurrences in the duty log;
- by providing informal, supportive counselling to the residents and by referring them to their counsellor when formal counselling is required;
- by monitoring and verifying residents’ use of the sign in/out sheets and by confirming destinations;
- by becoming familiar with all policies and procedures related to supervision.
- Assist with Residential Programs Daily Operations and Functioning
- by supervising and verifying the completion of residents’ assigned chores;
- by checking fire safety equipment, ensuring exits are clear and that alarms are engaged, etc.;
- by securing facility at all times, ensuring that all doors are locked;
- by reporting outstanding repairs to the Director via the duty log;
- by assisting in development, implementation and participation of recreation program;
- by assisting Administrative Assistant with office tasks i.e. photocopying, forms development, receive phone calls etc;
- by assisting in menu development and meal preparation.
The candidates selected must be available to work days, evenings and/or weekends.
“This position is open to male and female applicants”
CLOSING DATE: May 21st, 2018
Salary: $11.15/hr. 35 hours per week for 7 weeks.
Please submit resumes to:
Val Flynn Residential Manager
7 Garrison Hill
St. John’s, NL A1C 3Y7