The John Howard Society of Newfoundland and Labrador is looking for a competent individual to oversee its residential program in Stephenville. West Bridge House provides 24 hour residential and supervision services to people who have been in conflict with the criminal justice system and are transitioning back to the community following a period of incarceration. The work environment is very fast paced and calls for an energetic self-motiving individual who will be responsible for supervising and directing everything from employees and budgets to technology and operations while providing a non-judgmental, supportive environment to the residents.
As program manager you must possess excellent management and mentoring skills. You must be an outstanding communicator able to resolve conflicts and issues. Must have a deep respect for policies and ethics and can inspire that in others.
The goal is to ensure the smooth running of the residential program aiming to meet the needs of clients maximize performance.
Devise strategies and plans for the residential program(s) according to the Society’s standards for excellent service and growth:
- Assume responsibility of budgeting and resourcing
- Plan and oversee client services and administrative operations
- Recruit employees to ensure program is staffed with qualified personnel
- Train and supervise staff while providing effective leadership and mentoring
- Provide personnel with professional development opportunities
- Evaluate performance and address performance issues when necessary
- Monitor compliance to ethical practice, best practice, internal policies, quality standards and contracting agency requirements
- Work collaboratively with other JHS programs, government partners and other community organizations for the benefit of clients and the organization
- Proven experience in managerial position
- Demonstrated experience in clinical supervision and program development with an offender population
- Demonstrated understanding of budgeting, resourcing and performance evaluation procedures
- Proficient in MS Office and computer systems (e.g. client management software)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Exceptional organizational and leadership skills
- Aptitude in resolving issues and conflicts
- Master’s Degree in human services or related field work or behavioral sciences is preferred. Some combination of experience and education may also be considered.
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends maybe required as well as on-call.
Please forward resume by e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing date December 20, 2018
While JHS appreciates all interested applicants, only those who have been selected for an interview will be notified.