John Howard Society of Newfoundland and Labrador Inc.
Permanent (Day, Weekend, Overnight) (Internal)
Westbridge House will be hiring one residential staff, for overnights and weekends.
The candidate(s) selected must be available to work evenings, weekends and overnights.
**PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR AVAILABILITY WITH YOUR RESUME**
Please note: Extended Closing Date CLOSING DATE: August 4, 2017
Under the supervision of the Director, the Residential Staff provides supervision to the residents and maintains a safe and secure residential environment.
• Provides supervision of residents and monitors their activities in accordance with release conditions and house rules.
• Records violations, infractions and critical incidents and reports same to the director/ designate and referral agency.
• Conducts and documents regular checks on residents and the physical facility.
• Identiﬁes problem areas and intervenes effectively in crisis situations.
• Provides informal/supportive counselling to residents and refers to Senior Counsellor (Residential) as required.
• Completes intake requirement for new residents.
• Attends program related meetings.
• Prepares meals as required.
• Provides access to medication and documents as required.
• Communicates with staff and volunteers through the use of the duty log and shift change brieﬁngs.
• Contributes to the maintenance of a clean and safe facility.
• Contributes to the orientation/training of staff/interns/volunteers.
• Provides guidance and indirect supervision to volunteers and students as required.
• Engages in professional development as required.
• Ensures conﬁdentiality guidelines are met regarding staff and client information.
• Shares responsibility for maintaining a safe, secure environment for both staff and clients.
• Performs other related duties as required by the Director. Qualiﬁcations:
• A minimum of a two year Diploma in Social Sciences/Criminology or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in community residential care as it relates to offenders would be an asset.
• Certiﬁcates in Emergency First Aid and CPR.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proven competency in computer software.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Certiﬁcate of conduct.
• Enhanced reliability check.
(Rated by the JJEC June 2016)
Salary: $18.91 / hour as per collective agreement
“This position is open to male and female applicants”
Please submit resumes to: Joan Shea, Manager Westbridge House, 92 West Street, Stephenville, NL A2N 1E4
Phone Number: (709)643-3084 Fax: email@example.com