The goal of the Horizons program is to provide valuable assistance towards the rehabilitation of persons involved with the criminal justice system and contributes to the likelihood of a positive transition back into the workforce.
The program is available to:
- individuals over the age of 29
- have been in conflict with the law
- exhibit lower levels of literacy, job skills and education.
Following participant selection:
- a four week orientation training takes place to help prepare participants for their employment placements.
- employability skills
- resume writing
- interview skills
- employer expectation
- First Aid training
- introduction in Occupational Health and Safety.
- each person participates in a 26 week employment placement.